Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A poll to talk about over tea

I just saw this on CNN:
A national Gallup poll conducted last week finds that 48 percent of Americans say the amount of federal income taxes they pay is about right. That's two points higher than the forty-six percent of those questioned who felt that the taxes they pay were too high. It's also the most positive assessment on taxes that Gallup's measured in six years.

"Most of the movement in the Gallup poll came among people who make less than $75,000 a year," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "A majority of people in that category say their taxes are not too high, and they are the ones that the Obama administration has been targeting with their tax policy and their message on taxes. Maybe that message is being heard."


When I'm reading about the astro-turf tea party protests, I can't help laughing when I read stuff like this. Then again, I can't get worked up about the right being outraged over Obama over-spending, considering that the same people were cheerleading the Republican party for eight years of big government excess and spending.

I mean really, what's different? Oh yeah! Their party isn't in power anymore, so I guess it's ok to start screaming about small government again. *snort* Such hipocrates...

No comments: