Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fair and Balanced

I'm someone who hates cable news, mainly because they are largely just propoganda rags for political parties and corporate shills, however I have to say I was surprised to read a response to Ryan's speech on Foxnews.com.

Now, I have to preface this by saying that I didn't get to watch much of Paul Ryan's on TV before Robin got disgusted and switched the channel, but I did catch the rest of it online. While I was stunned about the sheer amount of distortions and BS that flowed out of Ryan's mouth, I have to say reading the following article on Foxnews.com pretty much nailed it.

Elections should be about competing based on your record in the past and your vision for the future, not competing to see who can get away with the most lies and distortions without voters noticing or bother to care. Both parties should hold themselves to that standard. Republicans should be ashamed that there was even one misrepresentation in Ryan’s speech but sadly, there were many.

She did a great job breaking it down the facts, and what Ryan conveniently avoided, so rather than regurgitating it here, I recommend following the link and reading the article.

And on Foxnews.com, no less.  Wow.

No comments: